Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm a Walking Contradiction.

About a week ago I posted this New Years Post in which I stated all the flaws that I have and my inane desire to keep it that way. Well, I'm here to tell you that somehow, whether consciously or not, I have actually found myself on the road to recovery.
First off, I've been drinking more water lately. I don't exactly know why, I just know that I find myself craving water more so than pop as of late, and I wonder if that isn't such a terrible thing.
Secondly, I have also found myself reading, though I wouldn't say "voraciously." I am currently enthralled with two books; The Know It All, by A.J. Jacobs and Peter and the Starcatchers a children's book by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.
However, where I have begun to counteract #5 of my original list (I watch a lot of TV) I have only increased the level of random information that could spew forth at any moment. This is entirely because of the book The Know It All, which I must say is an amazingly poignant and entertaining read. It chronicles the authors "humble quest to become the smartest person in the world," or so says the dust jacket. He accomplishes this by reading the entire Encyclopaedia Britannica. Frankly, I am enamored by the information I have discovered through this book. For instance, did you know that Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond, wrote the children's book Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

No comments: