Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ode to old toys


Yay for Lite Brite! I remember playing with ours a LOT when I was younger. I don't remember why it was so much fun, but it really was. And now, you can even do it online, just go here.

Remember some of these other toys?

weebles...


tinker toys...



lincoln logs...


wizzers...


and for some reason my sisters and I used to play with trolls instead of Barbies...


My favorite toys from when I was little were my dad's old toys, like his slot cars we used to set up and race...


And even more his Lionel train...


And the best thing we ever did with that was set it up in the attic--which happened to be where my younger sister and I lived--and we made a bridge over the hole in the floor where the stairs came up for the train to go over. The bridge was made from dad's erector set...

In high school, when I moved into what had been my older sister's room, dad put a shelf around the room near the ceiling and we put the train on there, going in circles over my head. Good toys.

No comments: