Saturday, October 21, 2006

Homeward Bound...well, sort of.

Do you remember the movie Homeward Bound? It was, unfortunately, one of my favorite movies when I was growing up. Although I think I only watched it a few times (which for me is pretty remarkable, just ask my parents) since we didn't ever own it.
Anyways, I found a news story this afternoon which reminded me of that movie, if it had been just a bit more high-tech. Apparently a dog was seperated from it's family, traveled around 1400 miles (from California to Texas - who knows how it got that far) and was found by a good samaritan who, through the use of a micro-chip implant, was able to discover the true owners. The dog was then flown back to California and reunited with its owners. Quite amazing if you ask me...
Full Story

If you're interested in things travelling inexplicably long distances you should check out this story about a message in a bottle.

No comments: