Wednesday, February 11, 2009

TWO HUNDREDTH POST?!

According to my blogger dashboard this is the 200th post on this blog.  

The first entry was July 29, 2006 and read something like this...
"This is a test, it is only a test. Do not shut off your computer. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. This is only a test?!!!"
As you can see, the whole thing started out rather innocuously. Since then, its gone through some drastic overhauls. From my "completely random" phase to my "nothing but odd news stories" phase to my "getting a bit more serious" phase to the "I forgot about the blog, and I'm gonna start again" phase which happened about three times to now...which, I guess you could say is a conglomeration of all of the above (minus of course the forgetting about the blog). This blog has seen me, essentially, grow up. Since I started it I have; walked at college graduation, proposed to a girl, been told yes by said girl, completed my student teaching, received my diploma in the mail, gotten married on Leap Day (not many people can say that), gotten my first "real" job and accepted a position in Turkey as an English teacher. 
Pretty awesome, I'd say. 

In other news, here's a haiku I just wrote...

Persnickity Pete
Proudly Pontificated
Pure Profundity

No comments: