Friday, February 27, 2009

February 27; The Top Ten

Top Ten things that have happened in the past 365 Days.

1. February 29, 2008 - Andrea and I were married in the Chapel at Concordia University, St. Paul. We had discussed April 1, but I thought that was too close to my birthday. Then we realized that February 29 was on a Friday! Perfect! Only our immediate families and two friends were invited. The Drs. Schuler also played a big part.
2. March 6, 2008 - Having only been employed by the Boys and Girls Club for just over one month, I assumed the role of "interim Unit Director" while my boss went on maternity leave. I soon realized I did not want her job yet.
3. April 6, 2008 - I turned 23 and got a Wii (that rhymed)
4. Late April 2008 - Travelled back to Minnesota for the Jones' wedding. Hit a blizard around the North Dakota/Minnesota border. At one point, we spun around 720 degrees. Thankfully we ended up on the "authorized vehicles" access road. We were even facing the right direction.
5. Early May 2008 - My boss came back. I reassumed my original role as Program Manager.
6. June 10, 2008 - Summer Program at Castle Rock Clubhouse begins.
7. Mid June 2008 - Having taken, and passed, all required Praxis II exams (and doling out an extra $400 total) I, finally, recieved my diploma from CSP. I still think it's ridiculous that "taking the test" is a requirement for recieving your diploma. I understand the concept of taking the test, but you don't even have to pass it... I had better not get started on this... On to number 8.
8. August 8, 2008 - Summer Program at Castle Rock Clubhouse ends - THANK GOODNESS!!
9. December 2008 - Andrea and I interviewed for and were offered the position of TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) educator at TAA (Turkish American Association) in Ankara Turkey.
10. January/February 2009 - Andrea and I accepted the position in Turkey and also committed to volunteering on the last year of the Archaeological Dig at Hippos, Israel. Concerning the latter, our decision making was made all the easier when Dr. Schuler said that he could pay Andrea's way if she would draw for him.

No comments: